Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Contagious Passions

On Saturday Evening Krista and I had the great pleasure of hosting a discussion about the nature, theology, and means of missions. Our guests were all seminary famalies preparing to go into missions in the near future. The discussion was very fruitful for us, and I hope for them.

Our panel gave wonderful answers to a number of serious and somewhat nuanced questions. They even offered some practical suggestions for the church and its role in missions that I had never considered before, advice that I will hold dear as I prepare to go into pastoral ministry donw the road. But above all these benefits is the great joy that we recieved in being infected with their passion for missions.

As we conversed and they began to show their excitement in various answers and dialogue I could feel myself becoming emotionally charged. By the end of our time together my heart burned for God's glory to be spread across the world and men and women of every tribe to come to saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. A fire was lit within me that has yet to be extinguished.

It is my prayer that these discussions will happen all across the nation and churches will recover a sense of their true role in the work of missions. It is my prayer that men and women like Riley & Laurel, and Adam and Mary, will be raised up to not only spread the gospel abroad, but to spread a passion for missions in their own local contexts. A Passion for Missions is Contagious!

2 Comments:

Blogger Phillip M. Way said...

As I have heard many times, you do not have to advertise a fire! The flickering flame and the heat cannot be ignored.

Praise God for this passion - I hope it does continue to spread.

~pastorway

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That night was one of the most encouraging times I have had since I have been in L'ville. Thanks Dave and I really hope we can do it again soon. Yep, that was awesome!

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home