Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Tuesday Meditation

Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me. (Micah7:8)

There will be tribulation for the saints. God never spoke otherwise. In fact Jesus himself said, “Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you.” But we with the apostle Peter will rejoice “that [we are] counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name”. How can we rejoice in tribulation and trial, in persecution? Because we like the prophet Micah know that when we fall, we shall rise. Not that we shall do this by our own power but by the great power of “God, the Lord, who is [our] strength.”

I have days of darkness, days where all seems hopeless, but it is not hopeless. God is a light to me! He shines in the darkness, “and the darkness has not overcome” His light. God is the “true light”. When I fall, God will raise me up. When I am in darkness He will be a light to me. His word will be a lamp unto my feet, and I will know where I am to walk. He brings me out of the darkness and into His “marvelous light.” That is the gift of salvation, and the flowing promises from the cross, that the great and mighty God who has drawn me from the kingdom of darkness into the marvelous light will “never leave me nor forsake me”.

Rejoice not over me, O my enemy, for my God is great. When I fall, God will raise me up! When I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me! “Why should the nations say where is their God? Our God is in the heavens; He does all that He pleases!” If it please the Lord to put me in darkness, then I will “wait for the God of my salvation, my God will hear me.”

The Lord is my strength, my shelter, my strong fortress; He is my King and my light. When I fall, and I know I will, He will raise me up. When enemies rejoice over me, and they will, He will trample them “down like the mire of the streets.” When I sit in darkness, and I will, He will be a light to me; for Jesus is the true light that has come into the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home