Sunday, July 08, 2007

Children Aren't Innocent

Well the research is in and the reality is, according to the Telegraph, "babies aren't as innocent as they pretend." Here's what they say:

Whether lying about raiding the biscuit tin or denying they broke a toy, all children try to mislead their parents at some time. Yet it now appears that babies learn to deceive from a far younger age than anyone previously suspected.

Behavioural experts have found that infants begin to lie from as young as six months. Simple fibs help to train them for more complex deceptions in later life.


This really is shocking news friends. I suppose somewhere deep inside me I knew it to be true. I had even heard about it from others, but not until now do I believe it: a real newspaper is reporting old news like its brand new.

I read this and could not help but laugh, and I mean really laugh. Not that kind of smirk that runs across your face when you find a simpleton commical. Not even that kind of giggle that you get when you watch a moron ski off the top of his roof in the middle of summer. No I mean, I laughed with such a loud outburst that my wife peeked her head into the room to see what was so funny.

I have a newsflash for The Telegraph: Christianity has been teaching this truth for years. All men are sinful, even "innocent" little babies. We are born in sin, original sin, and no man is exempt from this reality no matter how old, how beautiful, how sweet, or how small. No brain size can escape the inherent bent towards disobeying God that we all have.

It's great that these individuals at The University of Portsmouth have "uncovered" the secret of lying babies! But I am afraid your discovery is at least 6,000 years too late to really be novel. It is amazing, however, that babies with such little minds figured out they could lie before their doctors ever came close.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home