Sunday, November 20, 2005

My Body is God's

This is a work that my wife wrote as a reminder that as redeemed Christians we are to glorify God in our bodies.

My body is God’s creation. Because of this, I should care for it because I love Him and want to honor Him. I should eat properly because I want to show Him that I am thankful for his wondrous works. I should care for my body because I want to demonstrate to the world that there is a Creator and that life must be attended to because it flows from Him. My body is the distinctive creation of God. Because of this, I should care for my body and seek to develop a heart of thankfulness for my strengths and weaknesses. My body belongs to God as His sanctuary. He lives in me so my body is to be sacred for His use. Because my body is God’s temple, I should treat it with care and concern. I should eat properly, get enough rest and exercise, and learn to handle stressful situations in a way that doesn’t cause harm to my body. For as long as God gives me health, I should thankfully seek to be a good a steward of what He has given me. My body is one of God’s tools in this world—I should not do anything that would purposely destroy it. Because Jesus paid such a price for my body and soul, I should seek to exalt Him in everything. When I am tempted to sin, I will think of the cross. I will not let my desires overwhelm me but I will let the terribly beautiful vision of His love control me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home