Friday, April 28, 2006

Taking A Break for the Gospel

Today marked the conclusion to the Together for the Gospel Confrence here in Louisville. What a remarkable time this has been as 3,000 men gathered together from various parts of the nation (and world) and from various denominations. The Lord moved amongst us, blessed me richly as well as convicted and challenged, and has granted to his churches pastors returning fueled up to preach the gospel to their congregations.

The Gospel is indeed the most important and the center of life for all Christians, this confrence was a fresh reminder of that. As C.J. Mahaney has said in his book The Cross Centered Life the gospel is not one part of the Christian life, it is the main part of that life from which all other things flow. We must never lose sight of the cross. It is with this fresh reminder that I now write to you saying that this will be my last post for a while. I feel the need to spend the time I would be engaged in blogging doing more to focus on the gospel. The Lord through my former pastor, and through these godly men at Together for the Gospel, has convinced me of the need to simplify. At this point my concerns need to be to read my Bible, love my wife, serve my church, get my education, and do my job...that, at least for awhile, will be my sole focus.

But I am sure I'll be back brothers, so God bless, and those of you who still wish to may e-mail me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home