Monday, September 03, 2007

A Poem of Dedication

Lord God, Take my daughter, though it may hurt my heart at first.
But when I see the love of Christ in her come forth with a burst
I know that then my heart will sing with the angels around your throne
And then rejoice to know that you have redeemed her for your own.

And call her out Lord, for your glory and your name,
To go into all the world and tell the lost of your fame.
Send her as your agent to be a means of grace,
To spread a passion for our Savior and to draw men from every earthly race.

Use her Lord, for your sovereign plan
And if she should perish in some foreign land
Comfort us, her parents, with this one glorious thought
We shall meet again when we worship with her, the one whom our salvation bought.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home