Monday, July 30, 2007

What I am Learning from My Daughter




She's only five days old and already I am learning a great deal from my little girl. My chief lesson so far has been a fresh reminder to trust the Lord, for He is the sovereing one.

I never knew that fatherhood would make me so nervous. I am usually a pretty laid back guy, but during the nights I find myself constantly having to check and double check on my baby girl to see if she is awake, alive, uncomfortable, and breathing. It makes me nervous for her to sleep without us in the room. But these occassions have pointed out to me my lack of faith in the sovereign God. He is good and trustworthy God and, furthermore, He loves His children and wants the best for them. I need to trust Him to take care of Mia and believe that He watches over Her, and that whatever happens to her is for my good. There's nothing like a five day old Theologian!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,
If you are like me, you are humbled at the responsibility of caring for protecting this little life. It is a terribly wonderful thing. Because your heart will hurt for and love this little girl all at the same time.

Praise our Father for His goodness!

She is a cuttie!

See ya,
Scott

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home