Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Wisdom Teeth and Al Mohler

Well I just had my wisdom teeth cut out yesterday, but I am doing suprisingly well. The pain is only mild but it has certainly made me not want to talk much (which for those of you who know me must find that quite amazing). So instead of lengthy conversations I've turned to some good reading on the web. Perhaps that sounds like an oxymoron, but my links prove that there is such a thing as good reading on the web.

Most particularly is the weblog of Albert Mohler, President of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. His daily commentaries and running blog are among the most informed writing on the web and one entry from this week stands out to me. Under my new section on top stories of the week you will find his review of some recent research done by Gene Edward Veith of World Magazine. The artile titled "Why December 25? Don't Believe What YOu've Heard" suggests that the selection of Christmas Day for the celebration of Jesus birth actually has little to do with the pagan holiday of Winter Solstace. I encourage you to read it and follow it up with your own research to come to a decision on the issue.

Regardless of the day, however, the fact remains important that we praise the Lord for and think often on the glorious incarnation of the Son! It is important whenever you celebrate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home